Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Decider Knows Best

I chuckled when I heard this on the news tonight. I got the distinct impression of a parent explaining their decision to a whiney child. I highlighted his last sentence.

The president told reporters in the Rose Garden after introducing his choice for budget director, Rob Portman, he was issuing a vote of confidence to stop the rampant speculation.

"I listen to all voices, but mine is the final decision," Bush said. "And Don Rumsfeld is doing a fine job. He's not only transforming the military, he's fighting a war on terror. He's helping us fight a war on terror. I have strong confidence in Don Rumsfeld."

"I hear the voices, and I read the front page, and I know the speculation," he said. "But I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense."

Fox News Brit Hume has exposed the flip-flopping/waffling of one of the SecDef's critics, Anthony Zinni, former CENTCOM commander in the Clinton adminstration. According to Zinni, "What bothered me ... [was that] I was hearing a depiction of the intelligence that didn't fit what I knew. There was no solid proof, that I ever saw, that Saddam had WMD." However, Zinni told Congress in 2000, "Iraq remains the most significant near-term threat to U.S. interests in the Arabian Gulf region." The general told lawmakers that Iraq "probably is continuing clandestine nuclear research, [and] retains stocks of chemical and biological munitions." Even if Baghdad "reversed its course and surrendered all WMD capabilities," Zinni said in 2000, "it retains scientific, technical, and industrial infrastructure to replace agents and munitions within weeks or months." Zinni is no different than Dummycrats Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry and Madeline Albright who are on record telling us of the threat from Saddam Hussein, but now only blame Bush for Iraq. Naturally, a huge majority of the mainstream media allow Dummycrat flip-flopping waffling to go unchallenged because it fits their Bush bashing agenda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home