Thursday, April 03, 2008

Me, Myself and I


Hotline caught this interesting exchange Barry had on Hardball...

Hi. My name is Shane Daniels (ph). I'm interested in how has this campaign and the situation with your pastor affected your spiritual life? And how will that influence your presidency?

OBAMA: That's an interesting question. The -- you know, I am -- I am a Christian, and I pray every night. And when you're running for president, you pray even more.

OBAMA: Although it's interesting. What I pray for, the longer I'm in this, is less about me and more about, first of all, making sure my family's OK, but the second thing is that whatever I'm doing is actually good for the people I want to serve and good for the country.

The longer I'm in this process, the more you realize that you're going to be successful if you can get your ego out of it and focus on the job that needs to be done...

Very telling, you know, and the scientific community is united in that fact.

I'd refer Barry to a bigger Chicago star, and a better man, named Gayle Sayers.

Sayers lived his life with the philosophy of I Am Third...God is First, My Family and Friends are Second and I AM Third.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home