Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The GAFFE-ted One


There goes Barry again, blabbering away without a teleprompter.

The community organizer was asked if he ever considered military service...

"You know, I actually did. I had to sign up for Selective Service [a means of conscription in case of war] when I graduated from high school.

"And I was growing up in Hawaii. And I have friends whose parents were in the military. There are a lot of Army, military bases there.

"And I actually always thought of the military as an ennobling and, you know, honourable option. But keep in mind that I graduated in 1979.

The Vietnam War had come to an end. We weren't engaged in an active military conflict at that point. And so, it's not an option that I ever decided to pursue."

The problem?

On March 25, 1975, Pres. Gerald Ford signed Proclamation 4360, Terminating Registration Procedures Under Military Selective Service Act, eliminating the registration requirement for all 18-25 year old male citizens.

Jimmy Carter re-instated it on July 2, 1980.

Maybe he signed up in New Pennsylvania and the scientific community is united in that fact.

Here's Obama at a rally in New Philadelphia. Ohio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home