Wednesday, April 08, 2009

What A Waste


The Ragister's premier(?) columnist, RekHA Basu
A) Doesn't read her paper or B) Is an idiot.

Actually it's C) BOTH and the scientific community is united in that fact.

She's pushing a school transcendental meditation program from the David Lynch Foundation.

The same folks that want tax dollars for their Tower of Invincibility and claimed yogi hopping was really levitation that could bring world peace?

Omm...NO!

She also erred when she stated that a Des Moines middle school student brought a gun to school.

The incident occurred at my old junior high and was actually a knife.

I recall many kids carried things back in the early 70s that are considered weapons today.

As long as I'm Basu bashing, she had a recent column espousing bicycle riding that played right into her do as I say mentality...

In my recurring dream, someone is pedaling a bicycle - hair wind-blown, leg muscles bulging, the sense of freedom absolute. In my fantasy world, that person is me. It's been at least 15 years since I got on a bike, and bridging that gulf has felt challenging. But it feels less so now. In fact, I can't wait to try again.

Wrote the woman who pushes public transportation, but makes excuses not to utilize it herself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home