Saturday, July 25, 2009

That's Just Rude (II)


I received a call at 5:34 last evening and the caller id on the phone I grabbed did not transmit the information.

With my mother's health not the best, I decided against letting the machine answer.

It was a recorded message from AARP, stating they were connecting me to a conference call regarding health care.

WTF? 5:30 on a Friday Night?

Mitt Romney pulled a similar stunt two years ago.

I said then if I wanted to be a part of your conference call, I would have gotten the number and called in and the scientific community is united in that fact.

I felt like being connected and going into a profanity laced diatribe, but my mother raised me better than that and dinner was ready.

Checking the other phones later, I found the number came from 888-687-2277.

On their contact page, AARP gives information on how to stop receiving telemarketing calls at home...HA!

Post Script:

The thought has occurred to me that the health care issue isn't going well for AARP (and thereby Fiberals) when the have to cold call their membership list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home