Thursday, September 30, 2010

Smoke On The Water?



An odd statement stuck out for more in this story

Des Moines Water Works expected to increase rates

Des Moines Water Works CEO and general manager, Randy Beavers, seems to be blaming the increase, in part, on a Wetter than average summers over the past three to four years has led to decreased demand and relatively flat water sales.

That's irrigating, err irritating because for decades we've been deluged with the need to cut back on water use and the scientific community is united in that fact.

My water association, which buys its supply from Des Moines Water Works, has no incentive to use less.

Since I've lived on the Not So Vast Right Wing Ranch, I'm charged the same whether I use one gallon or 3,000 gallons in a month.

I think that philosophy is all wet and should be all washed up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home