Monday, January 02, 2012

Leather Glove


Chris and I have come to the conclusion we're going to Caucus for Mitt Romney tomorrow night.

I had been leaning towards Rick Santorum, since Tim Pawlenty dropped out after the Straw Poll, but I was never comfortable with the drubbing he took in his 2006 Senate re-election bid.

I started moving towards Romney in an effort to stop Ron Paul from winning on Tuesday.

I then vacillated, or waffled, between Santorum and Romney from day to day and figured I would decide after judging the strength of Paul in my precinct.

I became completely comfortable with Romney because of this ad --

“When generations of immigrants looked up and saw the Statue of Liberty for the first time, one thing they knew beyond any doubt … is they were coming to a place where anything was possible; that in America, their children would have a better life.

“I believe in that America. The spirit of enterprise, innovation, pioneering and can-do propelled our standard of living and economy past that of any other nation on Earth.

“And in the campaign to come, the American ideals of economic freedom and opportunity need a clear and unapologetic defense. And I intend to make it because I have lived it.

“We stand for freedom and opportunity and hope. The principles that made this nation a great and powerful leader of the world have not lost their meaning — they never will.

“I’m Mitt Romney, I believe in America, and I’m running for President of the United States.”

That's Reagan-esque.

This is the man that can beat Barack Obama and begin to bring this Country back from the brink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home