Thursday, May 25, 2006

MoveOn.org Targets Latham?


The phone rang last night and the name Voter Roll Call (206-278-0029) showed up on my caller id. Because of the primary on June 6, I decided to answer it. It was a recorded/interactive message conducting a poll. I recall the poll asking my thoughts on the politics of corruption, or whatever the Dummycrat spiel is. It also wanted me to rank President Bush, Representative Tom Latham and I believe it said Seldon Spencer (I wasn't sure who that doofus was, turns out he's the Dummycrat running against Latham....I was right, a DOOFUS). My first thought was of a push poll, but they really didn't try slam Latham with the typical "would it influence your vote if you found out candidate was?" then drop a bomb intending to change your opinion of a candidate. So, I decide to do a little research on Voter Roll Call. It appears they're affiliated with SurveyUsa and MoveOn.org has been using them to do polling after running attack ads against Republican members of Congress. Nancy Johnson (CT-5), Thelma Drake (VA-2), Chris Chocola (In-2) and Deborah Pryce (OH-15) have been targeted. I haven't seen any negative ads about Congressman Latham, but I don't have cable which is cheaper to air and can target demographics better, but I wonder if he's next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home