Monday, July 17, 2006

Gore-bull Warming














Maybe Algore's right!

Something's wrong when the Dakota's get warmer than we do.

South Dakota posted some of the nation's highest temperatures with a reading Saturday of 115 at Pierre, the state capital, and an unofficial report of 120 outside the town of Usta in the state's northwest corner.

That's pronunced PEER, not Pierre, for you weather weenies and you know who you are.

Sunday in North Dakota the temperature hit 106 degrees in Bismarck and 100 in Dickinson.

The feds say it's the warmest first half of a year on record. Worldwide it ranks as only the sixth warmest since record keeping began in 1880.

For me this is how summer is supposed to be. It seems we always hit 100 every summer as I was growing up. We loved playing outside and I didn't mind mowing my acreage Saturday & Sunday. I'll take Summer over Winter any day of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home