Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Legitimate Issue(s)


The Ragister has a story today about the new power couple in Iowa, the Appels.

Brent and Staci, pictured (small like all Dummycrats), are coming across as Clinton wannabes.

As I mentioned Friday (Iowa Values, Iowa Common Sense?), Brent has been appointed by the Pickle to the Iowa Supreme Court. His wife is running for the Iowa Senate.

Ms. Appel's opponent, Julian Garrett, is raising concerns over possible conflicts their relationship/careers could cause. He also believes that the district's representation would suffer.

The Senate Dummycrat leader, Mike Gronstal, tried to pooh-pooh it and make Garrett out to be sexist.

Today there was also a letter to the editor written with glowing remarks about Ms. Appel, the letter was signed by a financial contributor to her campaign.

I live in the Senate District, Iowa 37.

I do not personally know either candidate.

I have not contributed to Mr. Garrett's campaign, although I have already voted for him.

I sent Ms. Appel an e-mail last Saturday regarding this issue....

Why did I have to find out in today's paper about your husband? None of the literature you sent me, your newspaper ads, your TV commercial or your calls to my home have mentioned him. My wife thought you were a single mother raising four children by herself.

I ran for Iowa House, twice getting my clocked cleaned, when you introduce yourself as a candidate you include biographical information such as a spouse and children. She's let me know numerous times about her kids, never her husband. It comes across as something their trying to hide. Also, since he's a failed candidate it feels like he's playing puppetmaster.

I also asked her about her $3,000 in contributions to Hillary Rodham Clinton's two Senate runs.

I have yet to receive a response.

I'll give it 'til Saturday, one week, then I'm going on the attack with letters to the Ragister and the paper they own in District 37--the Indianola Old Weird Herald.

Another concern is the over $100,000 she has raised for her senate campaign.

It's a part time job! The seat only pays a little over $21,000.

Talk about overkill!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home