Thursday, October 12, 2006

Tacky


I was channel surfing yesterday when I came across the footage of the plane crash into the New York City apartment building, at that time the concern was that it might be a terrorist attack.

As news channels are want to do, they kept rehashing the same stuff, so I flipped them off. I went back an hour later and was hit with the news that it was Yankee pitcher Cory Lidle's plane.

I tuned to ESPN News, Peter Gammons and someone else were at the desk, The ESPN anchor was mentioning how Lidle had been a replacement player, it came across as derogatory and not informative. Gammons then chipped in that the Yankees were probably going to let him go.

Sensitive!

Lidle had been killed in a plane crash, his wife and child hadn't even been notified and these two were being cold on national television.

Gammons should have know better having nearly lost his life to a brain aneurysm in June.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home