Friday, December 01, 2006

Bono Natale

Our good friend Pat Beckerdite made the big time today!

John McCaslin's Inside the Beltway column for the Washington Times quoted a letter Pat sent.

Mailbag
The bulk of this week's mail addressed Inside the Beltway's item about the Oyster Bilingual School in Northwest posting a sign that said "Holiday Tree Sale" in English and "Venta de Arboles de Navidad" in Spanish — only saying "Christmas" in Spanish, in other words.
"This country has become way too [politically correct] in my opinion," writes Patrick Beckerdite of Des Moines, Iowa. "If someone wants to wish another person 'Merry Christmas,' or have a 'Christmas' pageant at school, we shouldn't feel like we need to make any apology for it.".....

Great Job Pat and Congratulations!

By the way Pat.......Froehliche Weihnachten!

I believe that's German for Merry Christmas. Pat and my wife, Chris, are the only two people I know who will correct that if I'm wrong.

PS: I hope I spelled the headlined Italian Merry Christmas correct too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home