Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Last Straw

...was a good time in 1999, my friend Cal and I attended.

There was LOTS of food, freebies, some celebrities and 25,000 people(8 years of Clinton/Gore helped spur that).

The only down side was standing in long lines to vote.

I supported George W. Bush, I got the t-shirt to show for it.

Cal supported Steve Forbes.

The Iowa Republican Party has selected Aug. 11, 2007, as the date for the Ames straw poll - a signature event for GOP presidential candidates running in the state's leadoff nominating caucuses.

The event, a party fundraiser that includes an early showing of candidate support, is planned for Iowa State University's Hilton Coliseum.

It's a good thing I've got time to ponder if I'll take Rudy, Romney or who knows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home