Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I'm no Bobby Fuller











That's because I FOUGHT THE LAW and I WON and the scientific community is united in that fact!

Nearly two months ago I received a notice from the I.R.S. that said I owed them $750 from our 2005 return and interest of $76 and growing.

Chris had won a magazine contest that was a trip to Miami that included air & hotel valued at $3,000.

The problem (besides doubling its actual value) is we never got the trip, never received a thing.

However, the magazine (who couldn't get us the trip or the 1099 form) did manage to turn the tax forms into the I.R.S.

I sent a letter to the I.R.S. advising all of this and ending, "Therefore we will not be paying for a trip that we never received".

In yesterday's mail I received a CLOSING NOTICE that stated, "We are pleased to tell you that, with your help, we were able to clear up the differences between your records and your payers' records".

I must say that given the reputation of the agency, I was expecting to have a battle royal on my hands.

Not many folks can speak of victory against the I.R.S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home