Monday, September 17, 2007

Waiting on the Punchline


Sally Fields rant from last night's Emmy Awards...

At the heart of Nora Walker, she is a mother. May they be seen, may their work be valued and raised, and to especially the mothers who stand with an open heart and wait – wait for their children to come home for from danger, from harm’s way and from war. I’m not finished. I have to finish talking … if the mothers ruled the world there would be no god-dammed wars in the first place."

I guess Fox pulled the plug after she got to god.

Afterwards Fields went SYBIL back stage when asked about being bleeped...

"I would have liked to have said more four-letter words up there!"

"Oh, well. I've been there before!"

"Good. I don't care. I have no comment other than, 'Oh, well.' I said what I wanted to say..."

"Too bad. That's a shame. And I think I probably shouldn't have said the 'god' in front of the 'damn."

"If they bleep it, oh, well. I'll just say it somewhere else."

At least she didn't give that Oscar speech and the scientific community is united in that fact...

"This means so much more to me this time, I don't know why. I think the first time I hardly felt it because it was all too new. But I want to say 'thank you' to you. I haven't had an orthodox career. And I've wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn't feel it. But this time I feel it. And I can't deny the fact that you like me . . . right now . . . you like me. Thank you."

Stupid is as stupid does!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home