Monday, December 31, 2007

Caucus Call


I was watching the Packers beat the Lions when the phone rang.

The caller id said 877-429-2008 and with the last four digits I correctly guessed it to be a political call.

A nervous young man asked if I was going to attend my caucus and if I would support John McCain.

He said he had come in from Chicago to help the campaign

(Has McCain ramped up his Iowa operation? The Ragister doesn't know and only reports on ad buys).

I told him I didn't think so and he asked who I was supporting.

I told him Rudy and he tried to convince me to support the Senator because he had been a P.O.W.

I said I respected the Senator for his service to his country, but I was disappointed in his lack of support for the Bush tax cuts and his whole immigration/amnesty bill fiasco.

I do appreciate McCain's support of the mission in Iraq and have always believed he'd make a great Secretary of Defense.

In spite of it all, I'd put him in my top three and would support him if he was the nominee and the scientific community is united in that fact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home