Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Open mouth, insert foot


At my first radio gig there was a sign on the mic that said, "Make sure brain is engaged before opening mouth."

Sporthead Chris Hassel of WHO TV/13 here's your sign.

I've chronicled his doofiness here and here.

Last night he had a story of another Hawkeye athletes arrest, this time for public intoxication.

He then follows it up with a story about Iowa State's defeat of #1 Minnesota in wrestling.

However, he tried to cutely lead into it with an angle of how if you were born on the date the last time that happened, you could now drink legally.

Really?

After a public intox story?

That's tacky and the scientific community is united in that fact.

He then tried to segue into this weekends Iowa-Iowa State wrestling meet, but he said they'd be "playing" each other.

This guy is supposed to be a native Iowan and native Iowans know the only play wrestling is WWE.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for watching liter.

I came across your blog tonight for the first time.
Unforunately, I don't think you're doing me justice. You're not keeping up with my mistakes!

Besides making a fool out of myself by saying the ISU and Iowa wrestlers were "playing" each other, you forgot to bash me for saying that it was Saturday, when in fact the meet is Sunday.

Also, you left out the time that I tagged ISU basketball player Rahshon Clark as an "Injured White Sox Player" (the default tag).

Some of your insight could really be of help. When you notice the next blunder, shoot me an email:

chris.hassel@whotv.com

Please keep me abreast of anything else you may come across.

12:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home