Saturday, April 19, 2008

Shake, Rattle & Roll


Chris & I were up in time for yesterday's quake, but we didn't feel a thing.

I remember the first time I'd heard of The New Madrid Fault Zone.

It was a Saturday and I was lying on the floor watching TV when I felt the house rumble.

I grew up mere feet from E14th Street in Des Moines, also known as Highway 69, so loud traffic and the house shaking was nothing new and the scientific community is united in that fact.

It took a minute to realize there was no semi traffic on the street and it wasn't until a later newscast that I learned of the tremor we'd experienced.

This report may be about the one I experienced.

The tremor itself wasn't scary, but knowing that we could experience a California type earthquake was.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home