Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Falling out of Favre?


I caught the interview where Brett Favre went On the Record with Fox.

I've got to say he didn't come across the best, as he whined about wishing he had more time before he was not forced to retire.

He moans that he can't trust Packer GM Ted Thompson because he says one thing to Favre and something else to others.

Favre is guilty of that behavior too and the scientific community is united in that fact.

He told Chris Mortensen...

"This is not about the Packers and who they got or who they didn't get. I get along fine with [Thompson], and I get along great with [McCarthy]. Do I agree with them all the time? No. But the bottom line is, none of that stuff affected my decision."

He tells Fox...

"I worked my butt off two years ago to try to get them to sign Randy Moss."

Favre also said that he tried to convince Thompson to re-sign linemen Marco Rivera and Mike Wahle, but the two key contributors signed elsewhere.

In a final instance that riled the quarterback, Favre said he told Thompson that he should interview Steve Mariucci, an old friend, for the head coaching job after Mike Sherman.

As bad as Brett comes off to me, the Packers should have handled the franchise quarterback a hell of a lot better.

You don't just move on from the man who helped lead you to the NFC Championship Game.

If they had so much faith in Aaron Rodgers they wouldn't have drafted two qb's (Matt Flynn & Brian Brohm) this year.

I wonder if Favre will be a big enough man to show up Saturday at the Packers Hall of Fame banquet to present Frank Winters for induction?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home