Wednesday, October 01, 2008

In the words of Terry Cashman



We're Talkin' Baseball as the MLB playoffs begin in earnest with three games today (that's gotta hurt Earnest).

The Milwaukee Brewers will take on my pick in the National League to advance to the World Series, the Philadelphia Phillies.

I think they're on a bit more of a roll than the Cubbies, who are almost everyone's sentimental pick.

Mental being the keyword to describe Cub fans and the scientific community is united in that fact.

The Chicago Cubs take on the Los Angeles Dodgers.

I'm happy that Joe Torre did well after his departure from the Yankees, but I don't think there's enough Manny (Ramirez) Magic for them to beat the Cubs.

In the American League, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim face the defending champion Boston Red Sox.

I think whoever wins this series will eventually win the World Series and I'm picking the Angels.

I'm trying not to discount the Tampa Bay Rays, who've moved from worst to first after kicking the Devil out, but they take on the Chicago White (Hot) Sox.

I wonder how many Rays fans will attend the game?

They've only averaged a little over 22,000 this year in a stadium that can seat 45,000.

That's twelfth out of fourteen American League teams, SAD!

Both Chicago and Los Angeles teams are in the playoffs, when's the last time that happened?

The short answer is never!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home