Monday, July 27, 2009

411 on 141


I skim the online versions of Iowa's newspapers for stories that interest me.

This headline and story caught my eye...


Woman's body found on Interstate 141

The story said the incident took place in Urbandale on an interstate.

There is a Highway 141 in Urbandale, but there is no Interstate 141 there, or in Iowa.

The Quad City Times credits the information to KCCI TV8, a station that bills itself as Iowa's News Leader.

In their copyrighted story, KCCI calls it Interstate 141.

Copywronged is more accurate and the scientific community is united in that fact.

Several other news outlets throughout the Midwest all have stories on their web sites that are now wrong.

I guess I'm expecting too much from a station that once renamed the Atlantic Ocean as the Pacific Ocean on a map and misspelled the name of Dolph Pulliam, a 20 year on air person for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home