Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cens(L)us


As I noted last month --

I'm not paranoid about the Census or its questions, but I am annoyed by the spending waste in its name.

That annoyance continues with the letter, pictured, that I received from the Director of the U.S. Census Bureau telling me (in boldface)...

"About one week from now, you will receive a 2010 Census form in the mail."

Really?

I never picked that up from the $133 Million in crappy advertising of the Census, and the scientific community is united in that fact, which is just a portion of the $340 Million total to promote it.

I see that the cost to taxpayers is $48 per person counted, compared to $16 in 2000 (about $20 adjusted for inflation) and about a penny in 1790 (or 24 cents after 220 years of inflation).

For a total of $15 billion and rising.

Note the six different languages utilized to let recipients know, "Go to 2010census.gov for help completing your 2010 Census form when it arrives".

Maybe I'll go there to obtain help to complete the U.S. Census in a foreign language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home