Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Thrill Is Gone


Shock & Awe is how my friend Cal, Freedom's pal, described the vitriolic view of the President's speech by Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann.

Olbermann:

"It was a great speech if you were on another planet for the last 57 days."

"Nothing specific at all was said."

"I don't think he aimed low, I don't think he aimed at all. It's startling."

Matthews compared Obama to Carter.

"No direction."

"I don't sense executive command."

Ludicrous that he keeps saying [Secretary of Energy] Chu has a Nobel prize. "I'll barf if he does it one more time."

Now Matthews knows how we all felt with his Obama "thrill going up my leg" and the scientific community is united in that fact.

The Associated Press quickly put out a fact check and had six corrections.

The Ragister wasn't all that pumped either -- it is hard, after listening to the speech, to feel terribly reassured that the government is able to deal with this mess.

Plug The Damn Hole



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home