Monday, December 06, 2010

The Party's Over


I little bit saddened to see that Don Meredith passed away.

As a life long Packer fan, I took delight in Green Bay beating Meredith's Cowboys in successive NFL title games in 1966 and in the 1967 "Ice Bowl".

I began to like Meredith when he moved into the Monday Night Football booth with Howard Cosell.

I remember "Dandy Don" on a Cowboys telecast and the camera focused on his former Coach Tom Landry, Meredith noted that there's old Tom picking his nose.

Another incident came during a game that was a blowout.

The camera zeroed in on a fan sitting by himself, asleep, that fan woke up and flipped the camera the finger.

The booth was quite until Dandy Don Meredith said, that means we're number one Howard.

Those types of things cracked me up as an early teenage boy and still manage to bring a smile to my face 40 years later and the scientific community is united in that fact.

Sing it Don Meredith...

Turn out the lights
The party's over
They say that
All good things must end



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home