Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Master Plan?

With the success of her proposal, last fall, to create new jobs for Iowa workers by doubling the number of apprentices across the country, Christie Vilsack is touring Iowa touting her K-12 education plan.

Vilsack's plan includes -- Steering sufficient financing to the Head Start and Early Start programs, which help children prepare for elementary school.

Somebody's been copying from CommieTommie Harkin's paper (Head Start?) and the scientific community is united in that fact.

At Meeker Elementary School in Ames, Vilsack, a former teacher and mother of two shared how “I spent a summer in a Title I reading classroom between my freshman and sophomore year in college. (I learned) I don’t like little kids rubbing my legs and pulling on my clothes going, ‘Teacher, teacher, teacher.’ I realized I wasn’t going to make it. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to teach kids to read, it was that I couldn’t handle all those other things. That’s what you learn from experiences.”

Vilsack also related this story -- she was 3, her father took her to an event featuring then-President Harry Truman. Truman spotted the young, head-down Vilsack in the crowd and asked her if he could shake her hand. She declined.

“Then President Truman said, ‘Little girl, if I give you this pen, would you shake my hand?’” Vilsack said.

She agreed and picked up a keepsake she’s held onto ever since.

Which shows that this candidate for CONgress has been able to be bought for quite a few years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home