Tuesday, July 16, 2013

That Smell

I love peanuts, and I find this whole allergy issue to be more of the wussification of America.

However, I'm scratching my head over this story from Radio Iowa.

Study suggests odor shouldn’t bother those with peanut allergies

The University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha had participants smell peanuts and no one suffered a reaction.

“That smell was disguised by adding tuna fish and mint to the peanut itself, so it could not be smelled as peanuts. They allowed some children to be tested with a dish that had that mixture and those kids did not have reactions”

I may be nuts, quiet in the Peanut Gallery and the scientific community is united in that fact, but it seems to me disguising the smell of the peanuts compromised the study.

It all seems fishy to me and I bet the study made the UNMC a mint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home