Friday, September 22, 2006

With friends like Harkin













CommieTommie Harkin gave President Bush a couple of backhanded slaps in his criticism of Che Junior, Hugo Chavez.

According to Radio Iowa..... Harkin said the comments were "incendiary", then went on to say, "Let me put it this way, I can understand the frustration, ah, and the anger of certain people around the world because of George Bush's policies." Harkin continued what has been frequent criticism of the president's foreign policy.

Harkin says Bush came to office saying he wanted a new humility in foreign policy in reaching out to other countries, but Harkin says Bush's actual policy has been heavy handed. Harkin says the anger against Bush is generated from the Iraq war, which Harkin says was "unnecessary."

Unnecessary? Then why did you vote YEA?

Note: CommieTommie is represented as Quagmire from 'The Family Guy'

Harkin says, "We tend to forget that a few days after 9-1-1 thousands, thousands of Iranians marched in a candlelight procession in Teheran in support of the United States. Every Muslim country was basically on our side. Just think, in five years, President Bush has squandered all that." Harkin says the U.S. has put billions of dollars into the Iraq war, when it could be helping poor countries with things like clean water, medical aid and education.

I remember Palistinians dancing in the streets , pictured, at the 9-11 attacks.

The Ragister provided CommieTommie ground cover saying Harkin was more critical of Chavez in an e-mail press release.

“While I understand the frustrations of many in the international community because of George W. Bush’s policies, I do not believe that gives them the right to come to our country and personally insult and attack the President of the United States.”

Tusk and Talon weigh in with....Embracing leftist scum dictators (please excuse the redundancy) is nothing new for Harkin, however. He has a long history of cozying up to the likes of Castro, Ortega and others. Frontpagemagazine did a lengthy feature on him back in 2004.
Here are some highlights from that article:

During Harkin’s 1982 re-election campaign, his opponent documented that this Democratic congressman had always voted against foreign aid for countries friendly to the U.S., but that Harkin had voted to give taxpayer money to Communist Vietnam, Communist Cuba, Communist Pol Pot’s Cambodia, Marxist Sandinista Daniel Ortega in Nicaragua and other Communist nations. When this came up in a broadcast debate, Harkin replied: “From now on, I am going to vote against all foreign aid.”

In 1982 CommieTommie was a Congressman, emphasis on the CON.

Back then I was calling him the Representative from Nicaragua.

It's been against my wildest wishes that he got as far as he did.

My friend Pat sent me this....

Here's a copy of an email I sent to Sen. Harkin today along with his email address in case you'd like to do the same. I know it won't do any good but it makes me feel better to tell that twit what I think of him.

Senator Harkin:
I was embarrassed to be an Iowan yesterday when I read your remarks about Hugo Chavez' speech at the United Nations. It is stunning when the likes of Charles Rangel and Nancy Pelosi will stick up for our President when the head of a foreign nation calls him the devil, but you make an apologist statement about Chavez saying you can understand his frustration. Your remarks are being carried in several publications yesterday and today so the entire country can see your depth of disdain for the President. It is unfortunate that you seem to put your party's political goals above those the the nation's.

Normally I would, but I just received a reply this week to an e-mail I sent him months ago.

He's always late in his response, if he responds at all.

So, I'll use this blog as my way to tell "that twit" what I think of him too....and I don't have to be diplomatic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home