Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Not with MY tax dollars!
















Stuck on Stupid the World Tour
is stopping in the People's Republic of Johnson County(Iowa City).

The Women's Resource & Action Center (WRAC) will sponsor a lecture by noted anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 24 in Macbride Auditorium on the University of Iowa campus. There is no admission charge for the lecture; however, tickets are required. Tickets for the general public, as well as UI students, staff and faculty, are available at the University Box Office in the Iowa Memorial Union on a first-come, first-served basis.

I sent an e-mail to WRAC to question if tax dollars are going for this, the way I read it--they do.

Since Cindy says she withholds tax money for the Pentagon, I guess my tax dollars to the U of I will need to be withheld too!

Chris graduated from the U of I and loves Iowa City, I detest the place.

One of my favorite lines in "Field Of Dreams" is when Kinsella's daughter, Karin, says people will go to Iowa City and get really, really bored!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home