Wednesday, November 22, 2006

He's quick on his feet

Back on September 28th I opined on '08 Republicans.

It was after I had seen Mitt Romney speak at The Principal and I was feeling a little disappointed.

I was impressed with how he handled questions from the audience, even correcting some woman who'd said the Pentagon takes over 50% of the budget.

He'd also smacked down John Kerry, in August, over Osama bin Laden still being at large...

"I think it shows a complete lack of understanding of the kind of enemy that we're facing. This is not a small group of wackos in the hills that all we have to do is go find one person and it suddenly goes away."

Here's the latest I found from the Massachusetts Governor...

A reporter from the Boston Globe asked Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney a rambling question about removing some tolls from the Mass. Turnpike. Eventually, Romney interrupted by joking, "Do you have a point of view on this?" The reporter responded, "I represent the people, governor." To which Romney said, "No, I represent the people, you represent the media."

According to a top aide, Romney plans to file papers establishing a presidential committee by mid-December and will be ready to start raising money for it on New Year's Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home