Friday, December 22, 2006

Door Matt

Oscar Wiener Matt Damon has been on MSNBC's "Hardball" acting like he has a pair.

Damon's shilling for a new movie, "The Good Shepherd", he made with such staunch patriots as Robert De Niro, Angelina Jolie, Alec Baldwin, William Hurt and John Turturro.

The film is a fictionalized account of the birth of the C.I.A.

Both Damon and De Niro did the show.

Here's an exchange between "Hardball" host Chris Matthews and Damon...

MATTHEWS: Do you think if you waterboarded Cheney, like in the movie, that you‘d get a different truth out of him?

DAMON: Well, there‘s two answers to that question. One is he doesn‘t strike me as the kind of person who has any real personal courage. When it was his turn to go, he didn‘t go. He deferred six times.

Strong words from a man who's sole military background is in "Saving Private Ryan" and "Courage Under Fire".

Back to "NoBalls" or I mean "Hardball"...

Damon: What bothers me the most about the state we're in right now is I don't feel that there's a shared consciousness and a shared sense of sacrifice, and we have these young men and women who are fighting a war in name and our president tells us to go shopping. And I think that more can be asked of us and we need to be participating more for--I think that makes for a more robust democracy. . . .

Then an audience member is allowed a question.

Hi, my name is Meghan Wright, I'm from Richmond, Va., and I was just--this question is both for Mr. DeNiro and Mr. Damon. I was just wondering, would either of you go to war right now? Not right now, I guess, but--would you go to war if you were asked?

DeNiro: Well that's such a complex question. . . .

Damon: ....I agree with Bob that it's a complex question. It would depend on certain situations. I mean, I don't think that it's fair, as I said before that it seems that we have a fighting class in our country that's comprised of people who have to go for either financial reasons or you know, I don't think that that is fair. And if you're going to send people to war, if we all get together and decide we need to go to war, then that needs to be shared by everybody, you know. And if the president has daughters who are of age, then maybe they should go to.

So, Demon...oops Damon can question Vice President Cheney's lack of military service and his personal courage. He tells us we need a shared sense of sacrifice and that needs to be shared by everybody. However, he finds the question of his serving to be complex, but is willing to sacrifice the President's daughters.

Now that's a FIBERAL HOLLYWEIRD HYPOCRITE!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home