Friday, May 18, 2007

That's just rude


I call screen.

If you call my house and I don't recognize the number on caller id, I let it go to my answering machine.

Last night, 7:43 to be exact, I received a call from 240-696-7345(240 is a Maryland area code, near D.C.)

As per the previous paragraph, I let the machine pick it up.

The voice starts talking as soon as my greeting begins to play, so I figure it's an automated call.

I soon hear the dulcet tones of Mitt Romney babbling on about something.

When the call ends I go to the machine for playback and I hear that it was a conference call with the former Governor and if I have a question that I should let the operator know.

What the?

Blind calling people to be part of your conference call, that's sad.

I can handle being inundated with mailings from candidates.

I can handle the calls on election day, even though I pre-vote absentee and that should be known to the party & candidates.

I even tolerate the pre-recorded calls from the candidates themselves, I came home from Maui to many when they officially announced.

If I wanted to be a part of your conference call, I would have gotten the number and called in!

As my wife would say, that's just rude and the scientific community is united in that fact.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't even wait for the machine to pick it up - I hung up the phone as soon I say that number.

8:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home