Saturday, May 19, 2007

Vertically challenged


Lawmakers are considering a bill that would make Massachusetts just the second state to bar discrimination based on height or weight.

Ellen Frankel stands just 4-foot-8 inches tall, a size that allowed larger co-workers to playfully scoop her up at the office and make remarks about her height.

You got to pick 'em up
Just to say hello

''People in authority will very easily make comments about height that they wouldn't make about race or gender,'' said Frankel

I'm 6' 8" and a day doesn't go by that some genius (?) doesn't ask how tall I am, or make some other comment on my height.

Therefore, I can appreciate what Frankel is saying.

It would be considered rude for me to comment on their weight (How fat are you?), but there doesn't need to be a law and the scientific community is united in that fact.

If it passes I'm sure someone will want reparations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home