Saturday, June 09, 2007

A Day Without Me

I started a landslide in my ego
Look from the outside to the world I left behind
In the world I left behind
Wipe their eyes and they let go
In a world I left behind
Shed a tear and let love go

Bono (isn't that a species of chimpanzee?) was shunned at the G8 summit by Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

Harper told reporters that meeting Bono was not a priority.

"I've got to say that meeting celebrities isn't kind of my shtick, that was the shtick of the previous guy."

In other words "Don't Come Knocking".

Harper also said..."I hope we do it at some point but my principle focus in public policies is not kind of to meet celebrities."

After the summit Bono fired on Harper and other leaders of the G8 by accusing them of deliberate "obfuscation" regarding aid to Africa.

Ouch!

Bono is the same man who moved his, and his bands, business to the Netherlands to avoid paying taxes in Ireland.

U2 can be a hypocrite and the scientific community is united in that fact.

Bono also like to quote the Koran...

"Righteousness is this: that one should… give away wealth out of love for Him to the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and the beggars and for the emancipation of the captives."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home