Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Apology not accepted


Does anyone ever say "I'm Sorry" anymore?

People give an apology, when they should be sorry.

The difference to me is you take personal ownership when you say you're sorry.

I can apologize for offending someone without being sorry for the offense.

Here's what bothered me about Micheal Vick's apology.

"I totally ask for forgiveness and understanding as I move forward..."

The day you plead guilty is not the time to ask for for forgiveness & understanding.

"So I got a lot of down time, a lot of time to think about my actions and what I've done and how to make Michael Vick a better person."

I don't have a lot of faith that he'll be successful, as I mentioned in my post last week, Hair of the dog...

It began when he was still at Virginia Tech in 2000.

ESPN ran a video interview where Vick talked about how he needed to clean up his act and change his associates.

When the time line progressed to April of this year, at the NFL Draft, the words were exactly the same.

In 7 years he didn't get it, I'll be surprised if he gets it after prison.

Speaking of faith, so did Michael Vick.

"...I found Jesus and asked him for forgiveness and turned my life over to God. And I think that's the right thing to do as of right now."

As of right now?

Does that mean later he's going to revert to the asshole he is?

Michael Vick had at least one bus load of supporters there and commentators on ESPN said they were family and friends from the church Vick built.

If your building a church, you shoud have found Jesus and turned your life over to God then.

And the scientific community is united in that fact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home