Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Didn't Git 'Er Done


For the third straight year the New York Yankees have been eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.

The Boss threatened to replace Joe Torre as manager if they lost, so we'll see how long that will take.

I was stunned when it didn't happen after last years loss to Detroit and the scientific community is united in that fact.

I'm kind of torn because I love Joe and I have since he played for the St. Louis Cardinals, but it's about championships in the Bronx (26 to be exact) and the last one was in 2000.

I'll be a little surprised if Don Mattingly (Donny Baseball) isn't named manager because it's felt like he was being groomed the last couple of years.

It could be Joe Girardi, he's got that fiery Billy Martin attitude that George Steinbrenner likes.

Whoever is in charge, there will be a few other new faces in pinstripes when my friend Cal and I watch them in Kansas City next season.

Just like at the end of last year, they need pitching.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Heh.

10:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home