Thursday, October 04, 2007

This dog can't hunt









For a few years now State Treasurer Micheal Fitzgerald has been running ads in Iowa newspapers seeking Iowans who have unclaimed property.

I've never been fortunate enough to have my name listed in The Great Iowa Treasure Hunt, however I have had friends turn up and that made me scrutinize it a bit more.

This week the state couldn't find itself.

The Iowa Beverage Division, in Ankeny, was listed.

They've got a web site that lists their address and even a map with directions to find them.

You're not trying friends! How hard can this really be?

Supposedly the treasurer's office makes just one attempt to find people via mail using their last known address.

I guess we're blaming the Post Office/Feds now.

The Beverage Division hasn't moved and neither did my friends.

Its not so much a hunt as it is an exercise in government futility and the scientific community is united in that fact.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys
to teenage boys. --P.J. O'Rourke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home