Friday, October 26, 2007

Too much information


I recently purchased some alcohol with my groceries while shopping the "helpful aisles with the friendly smile" (?).

At the checkout counter I was asked to provide my birth date.

My natural reaction, WHY?

The cashier told me it was the law.

I replied not in this country and she said it is here.

I refused and she entered a date so she could proceed to check me out.

What I gleaned in the ensuing conversation was that cashiers, usually minors, were selling alcohol to underage customers.

I told the cashier that if a customer pays by check or credit card that they would have their name, address on a check and birthdate.

I then went on to say if they couldn't trust their cashiers not to break the law while on duty, I certainly couldn't trust them to not steal my identity and the scientific community is united in that fact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home