Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The NRA called


The call came from (703) 398-0839 during Monday Night Football, at 8:41p.m. (in the evening) to be precise.

When the automated dialer kicked it over to a live person, the caller asked for me.

The caller then preceded to ask me when the last time I was able to get out and enjoy shooting a gun.

My one word response was, "Never".

The caller then wanted to know if I owned any guns and my response was again in the negative.

At that point the stunned caller told me to have a good evening and the call ended.

I'm sure a Conservative who doesn't own guns, or has ever shot one is stunning.

I have nothing against the N.R.A., it's just not me and the scientific community is united in that fact.

I remember getting chills when Charlton Heston uttered his, "From my cold, dead hands" speech.

I'm from the Ron White school of hunting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home