Thursday, October 30, 2008

Can't hear you now


Joe Biden called me yesterday to tell me to watch Barack's Big Show.

I asked Joe, pictured looking like a present day Forrest Gump in this Time pic and the scientific community is united in that fact, where he's been hiding and if he's with Dick Cheney.

It was at that moment that the call started becoming garbled and broke up, probably his handlers getting him back on the leash & muzzle.

Since Joe cared so much to call, I decide to tune in.

I was unimpressed and uninspired, I thought it was convoluted and lacked flow.

Two infomercial stars(?) agree...

TV'S TOP AD STARS PAN BAM

I remember in 1980 Ronald Reagan went on TV in times just as bad, if not worse under Jimmy Carter, and made me feel America's best days were still ahead.

Three things about his message made me laugh.

His 90 day freeze on housing foreclosures was going to grow the economy. I guess since people won't be making house payments, they can spend their dollars elsewhere.

He mentioned he's reminded daily that he's not perfect, just as a picture of him with his wife came on screen.

During the Florida live segment, one person behind him kept holding the CHANGE sign upside down (a sign of distress?).

The media were skeptical of the meat(?) of his message.

From the AP...

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama was less than upfront in his half-hour commercial Wednesday night about the costs of his programs and the crushing budget pressures he would face in office.

CBS caught my eye with this...

Without question, the Barack Obama infomercial served as a very slick and powerful recitation of the biggest promises he's made as a presidential candidate. But the very bigness of his ideas is the problem: he seems blind to the concept his numbers don't add up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home