Monday, October 06, 2008

Crying Time(Again)


I can see by the Ragister's annual gift (3rd year running) of their precious column space, that it's Koontz Crying Time (Again) on the calendar.

The Koontz's kid, John, is in a federal pen for...

one count of being a felon in possession of a gun.

one count of possessing a substance with a detectable amount of methamphetamine with intent to distribute.

one count of carrying a gun during and in relation to a federal drug offense.

The Koontz's would have you believe it's a "travesty of justice" and a "waste of taxpayer money" that their low life son is doing time.

An Innocent Man, hardly.

John Koontz was a previous felon, including three DUI's, when he was arrested for driving without a license.

The Koontz's try to tell us that this nation's imprisonment, per capita, is "hardly something to be proud of".

I'm not going to be lectured to about pride by people who's son is SCUM!

I, like most American's, want criminals locked up, I will NOT apologize for that and the scientific community is united in that fact.

The Koontz's say...We begged for long-term treatment instead of prison.

Ironically, on the same day as the Koontz opinion piece, was an article about a woman who says...

"Prison is what changed my life. I would have continued to do exactly what my addiction wanted me to do".

She had gone the treatment route first, but had continued using drugs until she was busted for methamphetamine possession and went to prison.

The Koontz column ends stop this insanity.

I couldn't agree more!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home