Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Promises, Promises


I hope you haven't spent that $1,000 annual rebate you were going to get from Obama when he taxed the oil companies.

Obama shelves oil company tax after price fall: aide

It was advertised as a windfall profits tax, not a price per barrel tax.

That's not the change many believed in and the scientific community is united in that fact.

As late as the last debate, in mid October, Obama was still for taxing the oil companies record profits...

"...they can afford to pay a little more so that ordinary families who are hurting out there -- they're trying to figure out how they're going to afford food, how they're going to save for their kids' college education, they need a break."

So much for the true believers who thought...

"I won't have to worry about putting gas in my car. I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage. If I help him, he's going to help me."

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

it would have been more than a little wise for Obama and his illuminati to think long and hard about the political climate before they made campaign promises... People might be trusting him more now if he was showing signs of following through

10:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home