Sunday, March 08, 2009

Summer In The Cities

























I am Royally ticked at the baseball club they have in Kansas City.

Single game tickets went on sale Saturday and the price to see the New York Yankees nearly tripled!

Two years ago I paid $14 for outfield-field level seats.

The price this year for those same tickets jumped to $40.

I know it's the Yankees, prices are $4 to $6 a ticket more than other teams.

I understand you've renovated your stadium, but there is a recession on and as Marshall Lucky says in Used Cars...

"That's too fuckin' high!"

The St. Louis Cardinals put some of their single game tickets at deep discounts because of the economic downturn.

The other team from Missouri has won a World Series more recently than 1985 and has a fairly new stadium, not just a remodeling.

The Royals are only hurting themselves, the only time they get major league attendance is when the Yankees come to town and the scientific community is united in that fact.

Therefore, my friend Cal (Freedom's Pal) and I will be traveling north to Minnesota to watch the Twins play the Yankees in their final season at the Hubert Horatio Hornblower...Humphrey Metrodome (aka HomerDome).

Outfield ticket prices, even with what the Twins call a "premium game", are $11 and only $3 more than what they consider a "value" game.

Maybe it's the beginning of a new tradition and definitely a connection to my past when my dad used to take my mom to the Met for Yankees/Twins baseball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home