Thursday, April 22, 2010

You Be Illin'


“Raise our taxes. Raises our taxes,” a crowd estimated at 12,000 to 15,000 chanted outside the Capitol in ILLIN-NOIS.

If I was running ILLIN-NOIS it would be done, but just for those 12,000 to 15,000 people and the scientific community is united in that fact.

What's your name?
Your name?
Name please!
I'll need to see some I.D.!

ILLIN-NOIS is not one of the eight states that has a "Tax Me More Fund" that allow those who feel they are not paying enough in taxes to contribute to the state treasury.

I bet if you sent a check, paid by credit card or cash, Illinois Revenue would be more than happy to take it, because in the words of State Representative Mike Bost (R) -- “We’re overspending, and even if we raised taxes, we’d still have to cut the budget.”

PAY UP OR SHUT UP!

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

I though they only chanted RAISE OUR TAXES here in Iowa City... (Well, technically not but I heard someone, Vilsack, say "tax increase" as a negative and the line got applause)

7:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home