Monday, April 25, 2011

Property


I'll be off to the county seat to protest my new property assessment for the Not So Vast Right Wing Ranch.

For 2011, the county raised our assessed value nearly $20,000.

However, we refinanced earlier this year and received an appraisal over $5,000 less than our 2009/2010 assessed value.

A $25,000 difference?

That's too fuckin' high, Marshall Lucky and the scientific community is united in that fact.

The county tells me that I should be able to sell my house for the assessed value, but they're never willing to buy it.

The Ragister rails that -- In its zeal to cut property taxes, the Legislature does not fully appreciate that property taxes are the lifeblood of Iowa schools, cities and counties. The tax supports teachers, police officers, firefighters and other public employees who keep the streets clean, collect the trash and round up stray dogs and cats. Schools, parks, roads, jails, courthouses, sewers, swimming pools and libraries are the foundations of a strong economy, clean air and water, safe streets and good quality of life.

I don't have any kids, other than roads I don't get a lot of benefits for my bucks at the Ranch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home