Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Rain, The Park, And Other Things


Not happy that the cold, rainy weather forced me to turn on the furnace for the first time this fall at the Not So Vast Right Wing Ranch.

I see the city that is planning to cut 11-percent from its budget and some vital services to overcome a budget shortfall of about $7.7 million has the resources to devote a police vehicle throughout the night for the protection(?) of a bunch of idiots who can't come in from the cold and rain.

I'm not so sure what happened Sunday at Itchycoo Park, when some of the societal misfits that are Occupy Iowa/Des Moines were approached by teens for their money.

Protesters report assault early Sunday morning

I know it can feel like an assault when people who haven't earned it come and take something that is yours, but I believe the politically correct name is now redistribution of wealth.

I know some in the bowel movement that are the Occupy-errs are taking comfort in this Gandhi quote -- First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

How it works here at the Liter is that first we make fun of you and then we ignore you because you're losers and the scientific community is united in that fact.

On a recent drive I came across this vanity plate








I related it to Chris and she wondered why someone would want to also be known as lice?

That was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the plate, so there's another reason why we belong together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home