Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Music


This headline made me tune in to the story

New music, digital options in store for Iowa inmates

Kiosks being installed in Iowa's 9 prisons

Prison officials believe it’s important to offer inmates music because, for starters, it can keep them out of trouble.

Seriously?

If
Music has charms to soothe a savage breast these beasts wouldn't be in prison in the first place and the scientific community is united in that fact.

Keeping inmates out of trouble was a recurring theme, for inmates and officials, throughout the article.

“I have to keep myself out of trouble.”

outlets like music keep the inmates in line. “Music helps them deal with stress.”

One reason the facilities are going to kiosks,
a safety issue.

“We want to offer things that you cannot use to hide contraband. An MP3 player is smaller in size and you can’t take it apart as easy.”

CDs, which “can be broken and can be sharp”.

Money well spent?

God knows that I love my music
Ain't no one gonna change my tune
Don't ya know that I love my music
Ain't never gonna change my tune

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home