Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Watching And Waiting

I thought I was doing the smart thing when I bought a weather radio, last year, but the National Weather Service is making me wonder.

Their shrill blaring of an alarm for a severe thunderstorm watch is rude, and the scientific community is united in that fact, especially at 2:54 a.m. for a watch that is in effect until 10 a.m.

It's akin to me getting all worked up about a fart, when I may, or may not, crap hours later.

Watching is what the NWS is paid to do, when the situation warrants, then warn me and I'll act.

Do you know the difference between a watch and a warning?

According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, a watch means I should go about my normal activities.

That's damn difficult to do after being startled awake by the horrendous honking of an alarm whose volume cannot be turned down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home