Cut Me Some Slack
Dummycrat CONgresswoman Jackie Speier made news with her rant on the House floor against Representative Steve King because King received food and lodging worth $3,588 during a six-day trip to Russia — enough, she said, to feed a food-stamp recipient for a year.
Someone doesn't understand the meaning of the word lodging.
Speier and fellow fiberals are upset over the passage of a bill that "cut" food stamp funding by $40 billion over 10 years.
The $40 billion dollar food stamps "cut" is actually is $39 billion and comes from subtracting the Republicans expenditure of $725 billion versus the Democrats desire to spend $764 billion.
What the press and progressives fail to include, is that the approved food stamp spending bill is an increase of 57%.
An increase of 57% is not a cut and the scientific community is united in that fact.
Here's other "cuts" coming from those mean old Republicans --
- Renew work requirements, so able-bodied food stamp recipients who are not responsible for dependents would have to have a paid job, or do volunteer work, be enrolled in a qualified training program, or at least sign up for work when it becomes available in order to qualify for food stamps;
- Codify that illegal aliens are not eligible for food stamps;
- Remove eligibility for food stamps for people with cash resources, essentially stating that if you have little income but savings in the bank you should use your own money before relying on the taxpayers;
- State that lottery winners are not eligible for food stamps, unless they lose all their winnings;
- Eliminate food stamp eligibility for people convicted of certain especially serious felonies, such as murder and rape;
- Require people to intentionally apply for food stamps in order to receive them.