Friday, April 28, 2006

He doesn't GET IT!

Yesterday I received this response, from my State Representative, to an e-mail I sent on April 10th.
Thank you for your e-mail and your thoughts.

I too am concerned that we should be focused on improving our classroom
atmosphere and resources for learning for our children. You too have
identified that one of those resources is a quality teacher.

All of state institutions and agencies should be conducting themselves
with an ever increasing concern for good management practices. After
all, it is all of our money and it should be used wisely.

You have identified $200 million as your target savings. Tell me which
programs and departments you may be looking toward for the savings.

I very much appreciate your input.

Thanks again and please stay involved.

Mark Davitt
State Representative
House District 74

Here's what I sent him. I had posted on this previously,see Budget Stalemate.

Allow me to offer a solution that would increase classroom spending without increasing taxes. Require school districts to increase their spending, that makes its way to the classroom, from the current 59.5% to 65%, Iowa currently ranks 38th.
With school districts adopting better business practices, nearly $200 million dollars would be available to increase teachers salaries or reduce classroom size. If it's truly about putting kids first, let's implement this win-win for students, teachers and taxpayers.
It should be of no surprise that my State Representative is a DUMMYCRAT! Strike Two, he's married to the publisher of a small town newspaper, The Record-Herald and Indianola Tribune. Strike Three, It's a Gannett publication...the same folks who bring you the DM Ragister

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home