Monday, September 04, 2006

Call me Wilbert Harrison

"I'm going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come.

I'm going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come."

My friend Cal and I are making our annual pilgrimage to Kauffman Stadium for the Yankees/Royals series.

New York comes into the 3 game series with a 9 game lead over the Boston Red Sox in the A.L. East.

A-Rod has busted out of his slump with his second 2 Home Run game of the weekend. Derek Jeter is hitting .342.

We're expecting to see Chien-Ming Wang, RHP (16-5, 3.66) tonight, Mike Mussina, RHP (13-5, 3.61) off the disabled list tomorrow, and the "Big Unit" Randy Johnson, LHP (15-10, 4.94) Wednesday.

I certainly hope they avoid the hurt the Royals put on them last year, with a 3 game sweep. Their first since 1994. The Royals did sweep 3 games from the Red Sox in mid-August.

In the immortal words of The Terminator...."I'll be back"! (Thursday).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home